POLL: Should President Trump pardon Paul Manafort?
Paul Manafort, who briefly served as President Trump’s campaign manager in 2016, was hit with an additional prison sentence by a second judge on Wednesday.
Manafort now faces a combined sentence of over seven years for tax and bank fraud and conspiracy in two related cases brought by the special counsel, Robert Mueller.
Moments after the additional prison time was issued on Wednesday, the State of New York filed a 16-count indictment against Manafort, alleging a yearlong scheme in which he falsified business records to obtain millions of dollars in loans.
President Trump has refused to say whether or not he would issue a pardon for Manafort, but said Wednesday that he feels badly for him. “It’s a very sad situation,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “Certainly on a human basis, it’s a very sad thing. I feel badly for him.”
However, if Manafort is convicted on the charges brought against him by the State of New York, reportedly the president would be unable to issue a pardon for those charges.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump pardon Paul Manafort for the federal charges he has now been sentenced for, or stay out of it completely?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- REPORT: Head of Warner Bros. steps down amid reports of affair with actress
- REPORT: Santorum: Trump should ‘send emails to a therapist’ instead of tweeting
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- BREAKING: Florida prosecutors offer deal to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- REPORT: Cause of death released for ‘Young & Restless” star Kristoff St. John
- REPORT: Snorkeling tour scam left teens stranded on ‘snake-infested’ island
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway says mosque shooter’s manifesto shows he wasn’t inspired by Trump
- REPORT: Michelle Obama ‘in awe’ of her kids for their poise, grace, resilience