POLL: Should President Trump accept a border security deal if it’s less than what he originally requested?
President Trump had requested $5.7 billion in order to build a 234-mile long steel barrier along the U.S-Mexico border.
However, according to various reports of a border security package being drafted by a bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers, only a fraction of what Trump has requested will be included in the final proposal.
“I’ve seen the Democratic and the latest Republican offer … I can tell you this for sure, it’s not 5.7 billion dollars for a wall; it’s not anywhere close,” stated Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democratic member of the special committee.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had earlier declared she would not give $1 for the border wall, but reportedly, a compromise of around $1.6 billion is expected to be included.
The committee is continuing to work over the weekend, and is expected to present their final proposal as early as Monday.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
If the deal includes $1.6 billion, instead of the $5.7 billion President Trump requested, should he go ahead and take it?
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence