POLL: Should President Trump accept a border security deal if it’s less than what he originally requested?
President Trump had requested $5.7 billion in order to build a 234-mile long steel barrier along the U.S-Mexico border.
However, according to various reports of a border security package being drafted by a bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers, only a fraction of what Trump has requested will be included in the final proposal.
“I’ve seen the Democratic and the latest Republican offer … I can tell you this for sure, it’s not 5.7 billion dollars for a wall; it’s not anywhere close,” stated Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democratic member of the special committee.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had earlier declared she would not give $1 for the border wall, but reportedly, a compromise of around $1.6 billion is expected to be included.
The committee is continuing to work over the weekend, and is expected to present their final proposal as early as Monday.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
If the deal includes $1.6 billion, instead of the $5.7 billion President Trump requested, should he go ahead and take it?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart