POLL: Should the Senate even hold an impeachment trial?
After holding up the articles of impeachment against President Trump for weeks, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi finally said on Friday that she will turn the articles over to the Senate this coming week, and said she will appoint Democratic lawmakers to serve as “impeachment managers” in the Senate trial.
“I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate,” Pelosi wrote on Friday. “I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further.”
Pelosi suddenly made this announcement one day after Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell backed a resolution to change the Senate’s rules to allow lawmakers to dismiss the articles of impeachment against the president if the House did not send the articles over within 25 days from the date they are approved.
Pelosi and other Democrats have accused McConnell of participating in a “cover-up” over his threat to dismiss the impeachment articles.
President Trump implied in a Twitter post on Sunday that he agreed the trial should be completely dismissed, as holding the trial gives the “Democrat Witch Hunt” credibility.
Many believe that by the Senate giving credence to a trial based on the no evidence, no crime, read the transcripts, “no pressure” Impeachment Hoax, rather than an outright dismissal, it gives the partisan Democrat Witch Hunt credibility that it otherwise does not have. I agree!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2020
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should the Senate completely dismiss the articles of impeachment against the president? Or should they go ahead and hold a trial, knowing if they dismiss it, Democrats will forever accuse them of a “cover-up”?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase