POLL: Should President Trump have refrained from tweeting that photo of Schumer and Pelosi?
President Trump is being pounded over an edited photo he re-tweeted Monday morning, which showed Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi both dressed in Muslim garments, with an Iranian flag behind them.
The photo was intended as a slam against the Democrat leaders over their criticism of the president for his authorization of an airstrike which took out Iranian general and terror organizer Qassim Soleimani.
It was originally tweeted out early Monday morning by Twitter user @D0wn_Under, who wrote, “The corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah’s rescue. #NancyPelosiFakeNews.”
Schumer slammed Trump for re-tweeting the photo, declaring, “President Trump: How low can you go? Republicans: How long can you cover up for and defend the president’s actions?”
Rep. Ilhan Omar slammed the photo as “anti-Muslim bigotry,” and Twitter is ablaze with backlash over the re-tweet.
White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham responded to a question in a Fox News interview about the photo, saying, “I think the president is making clear that Democrats are parroting Iranian talking points and almost taking the side of terrorists and those who were out to kill Americans.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Should President Trump have refrained from tweeting that photo of Schumer and Pelosi wearing Muslim garb? Or is it simply an accurate reflection of the positions they have upheld?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: LSU ‘Get the Gat’ video from Trump’s White House tribute goes viral — Twitter abuzz over ‘mystery woman’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- VIDEO: Former Acting Attorney General weighs in on impeachment trial
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- BREAKING: Verdict reached on Chinese woman on trial for trespassing at Mar-a-Lago