POLL: Did President Trump make the right decision to fire John Bolton?
President Trump dropped the bombshell announcement Tuesday that he had “requested the resignation” of his national security advisor, John Bolton.
“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week,” Trump said in a statement.
Bolton claims he was NOT fired, but tweeted shortly after, “I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, “Let’s talk about it tomorrow.””
Some lawmakers have praised Bolton’s ouster, saying he should have never been hired in the first place. Others have called it a “huge loss.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Did President Trump make the right decision to fire John Bolton?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan breaks down Dems’ impeachment trial talking points
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- Live: Senate impeachment trial of President Trump Day 4
- REPORT: Wuhan coronavirus has spread to 9 countries, at least two US cities. New possible US cases reported
- SEKULOW: “HERE’S WHAT THE EVIDENCE SAYS” during impeachment trial break
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump killing the Dems, and Ok, ok, ok… I read your emails!
- REPORT: Impeachment ‘Swing Vote’ Murkowski Deals Blow To Democrats’ Witness Demands
- REPORT: Democrats cap impeachment arguments with focus on… [VIDEO]
- REPORT: China reports first death from outbreak of mystery virus