POLL: Should Planned Parenthood affiliates be forced to return stimulus money?
In a bombshell announcement Tuesday evening, Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson revealed that thirty-seven Planned Parenthood affiliates applied for – and received – a total of $80 million in stimulus money from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Now the federal government wants the money back, and has sent a letter notifying the Planned Parenthood affiliates that any affiliate of larger organizations with more than 500 employees are not eligible for PPP distributions.
In their letter, the SBA reportedly warned the groups that additional “severe penalties” were possible, beyond mandatory repayment, including criminal or civil sanctions if the SBA determined borrowers made knowingly false statements to obtain the money.
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) responded in outrage as soon as the news broke Tuesday evening, tweeting, “If Planned Parenthood, the banks, or staff at the SBA knowingly violated the law all appropriate legal options should be pursued.”
“Planned Parenthood affiliates controlled by a parent organization sitting on half a billion in net assets does not qualify for #PPP. And if they knowingly broke the law they must be held accountable,” he added.
According to Fox News, Planned Parenthood affiliates claimed to have performed 345,672 abortions from Oct. 1, 2017 to Sept. 30, 2018.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should Planned Parenthood affiliates be forced to return stimulus money or face criminal charges?
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- REPORT: Utah National Guard confirms they were kicked out of DC hotel, Trump, GOP senators react
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate