POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Thursday morning that she has formed a special House committee to “oversee” the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. She added that the new committee will have subpoena power.
“The panel will root out waste, fraud and abuse; it will protect against price-gauging, profiteering and political favoritism. We need transparency and accountability,” Pelosi declared.
She added, “Where there’s money, there’s also frequently mischief and we want to just make sure that the funds that are put out there are done so with the conditions that we had in the legislation.”
In a CNN interview on Sunday, Pelosi declared, “As the President fiddles, people are dying,” and said she wants to know what President Trump knew about coronavirus and when he knew it, in an “after-action” investigation.
PEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) April 2, 2020
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored