POLL: Is Omar’s life in danger?
Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) has been heavily criticized after a glib reference to the 9/11 terror attacks, laughing about the way people react to the mention of Al-Qaeda, telling Muslims to”…raise hell. Make people uncomfortable”, and other controversial statements.
Last week, President Donald J. Trump tweeted a video referencing Omar’s 9/11 comments, in which she referred to the attack as “something some people did.”
Along with Trump, many conservatives have denounced Omar’s comments, prompting a backlash from Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), 2020 hopefuls Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), Beto O’Rourke and many others, who insist that Omar’s life is now in danger.
Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.) said she spoke with the Sergeant at Arms of the House to ensure Omar’s safety, saying “Following the president’s tweet, I spoke with the Sergeant-at-Arms to ensure that Capitol Police are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff. They will continue to monitor and address the threats she faces.”
We ask you, do you believe Omar’s life is in danger?
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama gets pounded for response to attack on Christians in Sri Lanka