POLL: Is Omar’s life in danger?
Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) has been heavily criticized after a glib reference to the 9/11 terror attacks, laughing about the way people react to the mention of Al-Qaeda, telling Muslims to”…raise hell. Make people uncomfortable”, and other controversial statements.
Last week, President Donald J. Trump tweeted a video referencing Omar’s 9/11 comments, in which she referred to the attack as “something some people did.”
Along with Trump, many conservatives have denounced Omar’s comments, prompting a backlash from Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), 2020 hopefuls Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), Beto O’Rourke and many others, who insist that Omar’s life is now in danger.
Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.) said she spoke with the Sergeant at Arms of the House to ensure Omar’s safety, saying “Following the president’s tweet, I spoke with the Sergeant-at-Arms to ensure that Capitol Police are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff. They will continue to monitor and address the threats she faces.”
We ask you, do you believe Omar’s life is in danger?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces House resolution to condemn Trump’s ‘xenophobic tweets’