POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland testified before the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday as a part of their ongoing impeachment hearings against President Trump.
Sondland said in his testimony that there was a quid pro quo between President Trump asking Ukraine to conduct an investigation into the Bidens, scheduling a meeting between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and giving aid to Ukraine.
“I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a ‘quid pro quo?’ As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes,” Sondland said during his bombshell opening statement.
“Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret,” Sondland said.
Former Whitewater Independent Counsel Ken Starr weighed in, saying, “The articles of impeachment are being drawn up, if they haven’t already been drawn up. … This obviously has been one of those bombshell days.”
House Intel Chairman Adam Schiff declared, “Sondland confirms that the Ukraine scheme was a quid pro quo: the conditioning of official acts, a WH meeting and military aid, for something of great value to the president. It goes right to the heart of the issue of bribery, and other potential high crimes and misdemeanors.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: GOP counsel’s accessory goes viral. Here’s why
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- BREAKING: FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance
- BREAKING: Watch live: Democrats announce articles of impeachment against Trump [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: Massive gun battle erupts in New Jersey, officers shot, cops searching for 3rd gunman
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway slams impeachment efforts
- REPORT: Comey and McCabe fought to include Steele dossier in intelligence assessment on Russian interference
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- BREAKING: Gunmen open fire on cops in Jersey City, school on lockdown [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: House Dems give IRS new deadline to provide Trump’s tax returns