POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland testified before the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday as a part of their ongoing impeachment hearings against President Trump.
Sondland said in his testimony that there was a quid pro quo between President Trump asking Ukraine to conduct an investigation into the Bidens, scheduling a meeting between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and giving aid to Ukraine.
“I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a ‘quid pro quo?’ As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes,” Sondland said during his bombshell opening statement.
“Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret,” Sondland said.
Former Whitewater Independent Counsel Ken Starr weighed in, saying, “The articles of impeachment are being drawn up, if they haven’t already been drawn up. … This obviously has been one of those bombshell days.”
House Intel Chairman Adam Schiff declared, “Sondland confirms that the Ukraine scheme was a quid pro quo: the conditioning of official acts, a WH meeting and military aid, for something of great value to the president. It goes right to the heart of the issue of bribery, and other potential high crimes and misdemeanors.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Fox News host cuts off Kellyanne Conway when she attacks de Blasio
- REPORT: Travelers raise alarm over coronavirus screening at US airports
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Oil price drop threatens US fracking boom
- REPORT: John Kerry sides with Trump about someone who is ‘being an a**hole’
- REPORT: What the bailout will do for you
- REPORT: Teen boy who tested positive for coronavirus dies in New Orleans
- REPORT: Pelosi honored, and mocked, in tributes on her 80th birthday
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings