POLL: Are you glad Trey Gowdy has joined Trump’s legal team?
Former Republican congressman Trey Gowdy, an attorney from South Carolina, has joined President Trump’s legal team, agreeing to a request from the White House to assist the president as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
The move has cost Gowdy his role as a contributor with Fox News, who confirmed Wednesday morning that they had fired him after learning he had joined the Trump legal team, feeling that it would be a conflict of interest.
Gowdy, 55, is a former federal prosecutor and served as the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the head of the House Benghazi Committee while he was a member of Congress.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Are you glad Gowdy has joined President Trump’s legal team?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Florida emergency official slams US manufacturer for selling masks to foreign countries, Trump responds
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts