POLL: Are you glad Trey Gowdy has joined Trump’s legal team?
Former Republican congressman Trey Gowdy, an attorney from South Carolina, has joined President Trump’s legal team, agreeing to a request from the White House to assist the president as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
The move has cost Gowdy his role as a contributor with Fox News, who confirmed Wednesday morning that they had fired him after learning he had joined the Trump legal team, feeling that it would be a conflict of interest.
Gowdy, 55, is a former federal prosecutor and served as the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the head of the House Benghazi Committee while he was a member of Congress.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Are you glad Gowdy has joined President Trump’s legal team?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: 2020 candidate defends Tulsi Gabbard after Clinton attack
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?