POLL: Are you glad Trey Gowdy has joined Trump’s legal team?
Former Republican congressman Trey Gowdy, an attorney from South Carolina, has joined President Trump’s legal team, agreeing to a request from the White House to assist the president as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
The move has cost Gowdy his role as a contributor with Fox News, who confirmed Wednesday morning that they had fired him after learning he had joined the Trump legal team, feeling that it would be a conflict of interest.
Gowdy, 55, is a former federal prosecutor and served as the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the head of the House Benghazi Committee while he was a member of Congress.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Are you glad Gowdy has joined President Trump’s legal team?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- REPORT: ‘I’m not counting Joe Biden out’ top Dem declares
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway compares Bloomberg sexist remarks to Trump Access Hollywood tape
- Submit News
- DML LIVE: Let Trump be Trump (Sat – Feb 15)
- DML LIVE: A new birth awaits, and it’s dangerous (Tues – Feb 11)
- REPORT: Illegal alien confessed to raping 11-year-old relative after baby born in bathtub
- REPORT: Prosecutor John Durham examining interagency turf war over Obama emails hacked by Russia
- BREAKING: 1 person is killed, 4 others hurt in nightclub shooting
- VIDEO: Media praised Michael Avenatti, convicted felon, as the man who could take down Trump