POLL: Are you glad Trey Gowdy has joined Trump’s legal team?
Former Republican congressman Trey Gowdy, an attorney from South Carolina, has joined President Trump’s legal team, agreeing to a request from the White House to assist the president as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
The move has cost Gowdy his role as a contributor with Fox News, who confirmed Wednesday morning that they had fired him after learning he had joined the Trump legal team, feeling that it would be a conflict of interest.
Gowdy, 55, is a former federal prosecutor and served as the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and the head of the House Benghazi Committee while he was a member of Congress.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Are you glad Gowdy has joined President Trump’s legal team?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Biden vs Trump: Fox News releases recent poll results
- VIDEO: Epidemiologist evaluates if coronavirus can be contracted more than once
- REPORT: Wuhan residents give staggering estimate of ‘actual’ coronavirus deaths that dwarfs official tally
- REPORT: State Department: U.S. ‘leading the world’ in coronavirus fight while China takes credit
- VIDEO: NBC’s Chuck Todd under fire over question to Biden about Trump
- DML cuts deal with supply chain partners, offers massive amount of FREE CBD amid outbreak
- REPORT: Death toll in Spain rises by record number in one day
- VIDEO: White House coronavirus coordinator sends strong message to all governors and mayors
- REPORT: Kennedy Center makes shocking announcement hours after $25 million bailout is signed
- VIDEO: McCarthy details how $2.2 trillion stimulus will benefit small business, employees