POLL: Do you support the ‘Green New Deal’ launched by Socialist Dem Ocasio-Cortez?
On Thursday, Democrat congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez rolled out her solution to save the planet from climate change, after declaring last month that the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t take action now.
The plan Ocasio-Cortez has proposed is described as a “10-year-plan to mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War II,” (thereby saving the planet with just two years to spare.)
According to a FAQ sheet, released by Ocasio-Cortez’s office and obtained by NPR, the plan includes the following proposals:
- Move America to 100% clean and renewable energy, with full transition OFF fossil fuels
- Eliminate airplanes and “farting cows”
- Upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency
- Create millions of family supporting-wage union jobs
- Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations and retirement security
- Guaranteeing healthy food, high-quality health care and high-quality education
- Guaranteeing safe, affordable, adequate housing
- Guaranteeing an economic environment free of monopolies
- Guaranteeing economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work
On how the Green New Deal would be funded, the proposal says, “The same way we paid for World War II and all our current wars. The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit.”
Ocasio-Cortez notes that “nearly every major Democratic Presidential contender” is backing the plan, including Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Jeff Merkeley, Julian Castro, Kirsten Gillibrand, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard and Jay Inslee.
The FAQ sheet states that 92 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans support the Green New Deal.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do YOU support Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal proposal to save the planet from global warming?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense