POLL: Do you approve of Trump’s tough stance on China?
Trade talks between the United States and China have crumbled, creating a tariff war that has wrecked havoc on the stock markets, sending the Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeting over 600 points on Monday.
After China backed out of trade agreements, President Trump announced additional tariffs on Chinese imports last week. China has responded by slapping tariff’s on $60 billion worth of U.S. imports into their country effective June 1, affecting commodities such as certain beef, live plants, dyed flowers, soybeans, and a range of fruits and vegetables. Other products reportedly to be affected include furniture, electronics, jewelry, cosmetics and fabrics.
Trump has stated that one way to completely avoid the tariffs is for companies to resume manufacturing products in the United States. He tweeted Monday, “There is no reason for the U.S. Consumer to pay the Tariffs, which take effect on China today. This has been proven recently when only 4 points were paid by the U.S., 21 points by China because China subsidizes product to such a large degree. Also, the Tariffs can be completely avoided if you buy from a non-Tariffed Country, or you buy the product inside the USA (the best idea). That’s Zero Tariffs.”
He added, “Many Tariffed companies will be leaving China for Vietnam and other such countries in Asia. That’s why China wants to make a deal so badly! There will be nobody left in China to do business with. Very bad for China, very good for USA! But China has taken so advantage of the U.S. for so many years, that they are way ahead (Our Presidents did not do the job). Therefore, China should not retaliate-will only get worse!”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL TODAY – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you approve of Trump’s tough stance on China?
WATCH President Trump’s statement below from the Oval Office on Monday. Please take our poll above – we want YOUR reaction.
President Trump: “Reaction is very simple. China has been taken advantage of by the United States for many, many years. I’m not just talking about doing the Obama administration. You can go back long before that.” pic.twitter.com/nWz18Ak3HE
— The Hill (@thehill) May 13, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart