OpEd: ‘Washington Post’ columnist calls for media to do THIS; China propagandist agrees
Washington Post columnist and former New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan is calling on the news media to boycott President Trump’s COVID-19 White House press briefings, claiming the chief executive’s penchant for falsehood and hyperbole pose a serious public risk.
From the Post piece:
“More and more each day. President Trump is using his daily briefings as a substitute for the campaign rallies that have been forced into extinction by the spread of the novel coronavirus.
These White House sessions — ostensibly meant to give the public critical and truthful information about this frightening crisis — are in fact working against that end.
Rather, they have become a daily stage for Trump to play his greatest hits to captive audience members. They come in search of life-or-death information, but here’s what they get from him instead:
● Exaggeration and outright lies.
The Washington Examiner opinion piece goes on to state the following:
Readers are left to wonder why Trump would engage in “media bashing.” Sullivan does not mention how many times reporters have used the briefings to ask the president whether it is racist to refer to the virus’s country of origin. And speaking of wastes of time, Sullivan also neglects to mention the moment that PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor took the president down a rabbit hole during one of his COVID-19 press briefings when she asked him to respond to allegations that an anonymous (of course) White House aide used the term “Kung flu.”
It must have been an oversight on Sullivan’s part.
The article was shared by MSNBC’s Kyle Griffin on Twitter, and liked by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian. Adams notes that Zhao is the diplomat who “invented the conspiracy theory alleging the U.S. military brought the coronavirus to Wuhan” and has been “on the front lines of China’s ultraaggressive, warlike effort” to distance itself from “culpability in the spread of the pandemic.”
Read more of this piece at WASHINGTONEXAMINER.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Costco announces change to its membership policy
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: US coronavirus death toll doubles in 3 days
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell halts economic stimulus package talks