OpEd: WaPo agreed to remove a source’s quotes from story but put them right back in
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post agreed this week, albeit temporarily, to remove a source’s quotes from an already-published story, explaining that it had something to do with an ongoing legal settlement. Later in the day, the newspaper reinserted the quotes.
On Friday, a Washington Post report, titled “America’s Test Kitchen and Christopher Kimball have settled their contentious three-year lawsuit,” contained the following editor’s note:A previous version of this story included comments from Christopher Kimball reacting to his legal settlement with America’s Test Kitchen. After the story was published, Kimball asked that the quotes be removed, saying that he had been unaware that speaking to The Post placed him in potential violation of the settlement.
The article goes on to state the following:
I cannot remember the last time a newsroom removed — or at least publicly acknowledged removing — a source’s quotes merely because he asked, and after the report had already been published. Obviously, this would be unheard of in the days of just print. But I suppose the Internet makes such things possible, so long as no one thinks to go to the Wayback Machine.
The Washington Post story now carries a slightly amended editor’s note that reads:
— BACFA™ (@BACFA) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]