OpEd: There’s no Democratic base to boost Bloomberg — if he runs
Michael Bloomberg might be running for president in the Democratic Party. That should be exciting for … well, it’s hard to say.
As first reported by the New York Times’ Alexander Burns, Bloomberg sent staffers to Alabama, which has a Friday deadline for candidates to enter the 2020 race and begin the process of qualifying for the ballot.
The article goes on to state the following:
If Bloomberg decides to actually run (he may just be buying time before making a decision later), it’s hard to see who will be climbing aboard the Bloomberg train.
Russell lists possible supporters as “New York City liberals,” noting that Mayor Bill de Blasio couldn’t get far with them as supporters; “gun control fanatics” who Beto O’Rourke pandered to before he “promptly dropped out” of the race; and “identity politics-obsessed liberals” which is already covered by former Vice President Joe Biden.
Read more at WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm