OpEd: The damning proof of innocence that FBI likely withheld in Russian probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by John Solomon and published by TheHill.com:
If President Trump declassifies evidence in the Russia investigation, Carter Page’s summer bike ride to a Virginia farm and George Papadopoulos’s hasty academic jaunt to London may emerge as linchpin proof of FBI surveillance abuses during the 2016 election.
The two trips have received scant attention. But growing evidence suggests both Trump campaign advisers made exculpatory statements — at the very start of the FBI’s investigation — that undercut the Trump-Russia collusion theory peddled to agents by Democratic sources.
The article goes on to state the following:
The FBI plowed ahead anyway with an unprecedented intrusion into a presidential campaign, while keeping evidence of the two men’s innocence from the courts.
Page and Papadopoulos, who barely knew each other, met separately in August and September 2016 with Stefan Halper, the American-born Cambridge University professor who, the FBI told Congress, worked as an undercover informer in the Russia case.
Papadopoulos was the young aide that the FBI used to justify opening a probe into the Trump campaign on July 31, 2016, after he allegedly told a foreign diplomat that he knew Russia possessed incriminating emails about Hillary Clinton.
Page, a volunteer campaign adviser, was the American the FBI then targeted on Oct. 21, 2016, for secret surveillance while investigating Democratic Party-funded allegations that he secretly might have coordinated Russia’s election efforts with the Trump campaign during a trip to Moscow.
CLICK HERE to read more of this opinion editorial. Solomon concludes with this:
My reporting suggests a much bigger scandal — the intentional misleading of the nation’s federal intelligence court — soon may eclipse the Russia narrative that has dominated the media the past two years.
The fastest way to know if that storm is on the horizon is for President Trump to declassify the documents showing exactly how the FBI behaved in this case.
The damning proof of innocence that FBI likely withheld in Russian probe https://t.co/UyRxfZXhde
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Election results called for Pennsylvania special House race
- REPORT: Christie Brinkley, 65, shares stunning beach photos
- BREAKING: Kentucky Governor primary election results announced
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Judge decides if Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to Democrats
- BREAKING: Confidential draft IRS memo emerges about tax returns being given to Congress
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Blasts out statement to Dems, ‘thanks’ Pelosi for her ‘prayers’