OpEd: Radical Democrats hand Republicans sure-fire platform for 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by Liz Peek and published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Republicans have found their platform for 2020, and they have Democrats to thank. After a month in which a partial government shutdown battered President Trump’s approval ratings, a string of self-inflicted wounds by Democrats has abruptly shifted the political landscape, resuscitating discouraged Republicans and also setting the debate for 2020.
After the events of the past couple of weeks, GOP candidates can credibly paint Democrats as extremist on abortion, immigration, tax policy and climate change. That’s a lot to work with.
The article goes on to state the following:
Just recently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was riding high, enjoying her “win” over the government shutdown and corralling freshman Democrat rock star Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other noisy House newcomers into a compliant body. The “wall” was toast and NPR was assuring us that President Trump’s support with his base was slipping.
Then came the upbeat State of the Union address, in which President Trump celebrated America’s proud history, talked up the booming jobs market and asked his rivals to choose greatness over gridlock.
Boom! Trump was back, while Democrats looked alternately churlish or childish by comparison. The president’s approval ratings began to climb.
Meanwhile, abortion activists were hailing new legislation signed by Gov. Cuomo in New York and a similar proposal in Virginia that pushed their political allies into an impossible corner. Both bills allow abortions at any time during the pregnancy, under certain circumstances, even if the fetus is viable outside the womb. That is not where the country is.
To read more of this opinion editorial by Liz Peek, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: 7-year-old child’s note to parents written on her arm at school goes viral (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Cuomo slams Ocasio-Cortez, others, as Amazon ditches New York
- VIDEO: Melania Trump gifted necklace from Kenyan patient while delivering valentines
- VIDEO: Pelosi slams Trump’s intent to declare national emergency with veiled threat
- VIDEO: Grassley opens Senate with unusual prayer request
- BREAKING: Florida governor makes major announcement on investigation into Broward schools
- REPORT: Ohio reintroduces ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill as new governor vows to sign it into law
- BREAKING: LA–to–San Francisco high-speed rail project abandoned by California’s new governor
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney Stumps Green New Dealers With One Question
- VIDEO: Alan Dershowitz: Ousting Trump via 25th Amendment is ‘clearly an attempt at a coup d’etat’