OpEd: Radical Democrats hand Republicans sure-fire platform for 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by Liz Peek and published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Republicans have found their platform for 2020, and they have Democrats to thank. After a month in which a partial government shutdown battered President Trump’s approval ratings, a string of self-inflicted wounds by Democrats has abruptly shifted the political landscape, resuscitating discouraged Republicans and also setting the debate for 2020.
After the events of the past couple of weeks, GOP candidates can credibly paint Democrats as extremist on abortion, immigration, tax policy and climate change. That’s a lot to work with.
The article goes on to state the following:
Just recently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was riding high, enjoying her “win” over the government shutdown and corralling freshman Democrat rock star Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other noisy House newcomers into a compliant body. The “wall” was toast and NPR was assuring us that President Trump’s support with his base was slipping.
Then came the upbeat State of the Union address, in which President Trump celebrated America’s proud history, talked up the booming jobs market and asked his rivals to choose greatness over gridlock.
Boom! Trump was back, while Democrats looked alternately churlish or childish by comparison. The president’s approval ratings began to climb.
Meanwhile, abortion activists were hailing new legislation signed by Gov. Cuomo in New York and a similar proposal in Virginia that pushed their political allies into an impossible corner. Both bills allow abortions at any time during the pregnancy, under certain circumstances, even if the fetus is viable outside the womb. That is not where the country is.
To read more of this opinion editorial by Liz Peek, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant