OpEd: Radical Democrats hand Republicans sure-fire platform for 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by Liz Peek and published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Republicans have found their platform for 2020, and they have Democrats to thank. After a month in which a partial government shutdown battered President Trump’s approval ratings, a string of self-inflicted wounds by Democrats has abruptly shifted the political landscape, resuscitating discouraged Republicans and also setting the debate for 2020.
After the events of the past couple of weeks, GOP candidates can credibly paint Democrats as extremist on abortion, immigration, tax policy and climate change. That’s a lot to work with.
The article goes on to state the following:
Just recently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was riding high, enjoying her “win” over the government shutdown and corralling freshman Democrat rock star Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other noisy House newcomers into a compliant body. The “wall” was toast and NPR was assuring us that President Trump’s support with his base was slipping.
Then came the upbeat State of the Union address, in which President Trump celebrated America’s proud history, talked up the booming jobs market and asked his rivals to choose greatness over gridlock.
Boom! Trump was back, while Democrats looked alternately churlish or childish by comparison. The president’s approval ratings began to climb.
Meanwhile, abortion activists were hailing new legislation signed by Gov. Cuomo in New York and a similar proposal in Virginia that pushed their political allies into an impossible corner. Both bills allow abortions at any time during the pregnancy, under certain circumstances, even if the fetus is viable outside the womb. That is not where the country is.
To read more of this opinion editorial by Liz Peek, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence