OpEd: Pro-abortion companies make ‘hypocritical’ appeal in New York Times ad
Over 180 CEOs signed a full-page pro-abortion ad in Monday’s New York Times with the strange and undescriptive title, “Don’t Ban Equality.” Left-wing big businesses, including Ben & Jerry’s, H&M, and Tinder (of course) signed the ad, stating, “[i]t’s time for companies to stand up for reproductive healthcare.”
These companies claim “comprehensive reproductive care, including abortion” is necessary to “build diverse and inclusive workforce pipelines.”
The article goes on to state the following:
There is some great irony here, as abortion disproportionately kills children of color. Sixty-four percent of women who obtain abortions in the U.S. are either African American or Hispanic, according to a 2017 report from Kaiser Health News. Abortion is the reason the black share of the U.S. population is shrinking, not growing. So abortion actually makes it harder for businesses to hire a diverse workforce, not easier.
These companies also claim that anti-abortion legislation prevents them from “recruit[ing] top talent from across the states.” But how is this so? If anti-abortion laws are so terrible and if pro-abortion laws are so wonderful, we would see people fleeing red states and moving to the blue states where many of these companies, such as Ben & Jerry’s, Postmates and Square Inc., are headquartered.
What we are seeing, however, is people leaving blue states such as California and New York for states with lower taxes and greater economic mobility. If these companies were truly concerned about their ability to recruit top talent, they’d focus on reforming tax policy, not abortion policy.
To get more information about this OpEd, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Trump brings out the chopping block with executive order on ‘advisory boards’
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan Markle appears to be corrected by Prince Harry in viral Trooping the Colour video
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- BREAKING: Judge makes decision on lawsuit from ex-Trump campaign staffer with kissing allegation
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing