OpEd: New York Times chief outlines coverage shift: From Trump-Russia to Trump racism
Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, said recently that, after the Mueller report, the paper has to shift the focus of its coverage from the Trump-Russia affair to the president’s alleged racism.
“We built our newsroom to cover one story, and we did it truly well,” Baquet said. “Now we have to regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Baquet made the remarks at an employee town hall Monday. A recording was leaked to Slate, which published a transcript Thursday.
In the beginning of the Trump administration, the Times geared up to cover the Russia affair, Baquet explained. “Chapter 1 of the story of Donald Trump, not only for our newsroom but, frankly, for our readers, was: Did Donald Trump have untoward relationships with the Russians, and was there obstruction of justice? That was a really hard story, by the way, let’s not forget that. We set ourselves up to cover that story. I’m going to say it. We won two Pulitzer Prizes covering that story. And I think we covered that story better than anybody else.”
READ MORE AT WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Lead singer of rock band passes away at age 75
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- VIDEO: Actress Traveling America Apologizing for Her White Privilege
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- VIDEO: Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’