OpEd: George Soros’s secret 2016 access to State Dept exposed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by John Solomon and published by TheHill.com:
Liberal mega-donor George Soros made some big bets during the last U.S. presidential election. One was that Hillary Clinton would win the presidency. Another was that he could reshape Ukraine’s government to his liking, and that his business empire might find fertile ground in that former Soviet state.
So when Donald Trump’s improbable march to the White House picked up steam in the spring of 2016, Team Soros marched to the top of the State Department to protect some of those investments, according to newly released department memos providing a rare glimpse into the Democratic donor’s extraordinary access to the Obama administration.
The article goes on to state the following:
Then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland received repeated calls, emails and meeting requests from Soros, according to the memos obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the conservative group Citizens United.
On May 25, 2016, for example, Chris Canavan of the Soros Fund Management firm provided Nuland a written briefing under the heading “Russia sovereign bond issue.” At the time, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s regime posed a threat to Soros’s vision for Ukraine.
“Toria, here is my take on Russia’s foray into the bond markets this week, based on the market chatter I’ve been able to pick up,” Canavan wrote in an email, released with heavy redactions hiding most of his advice to Nuland.
Canavan worked on the for-profit side of the Soros empire, and his cozy nickname relationship with the top State official responsible for Russia and Ukraine policy speaks volumes about the access Soros was afforded.
CLICK HERE to read more of this article.
New memos detail George Soros’ secret access to Obama State Department during 2016 electionhttps://t.co/Lh1bYCDdy8
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) August 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- VIDEO: President Trump and The First Lady Attend the Congressional Ball
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- BREAKING: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for cancer
- VIDEO: Fashion Notes: Melania Trump Is An Angel in Reem Acra Gown for White House Christmas [PHOTOS]