OpEd: Why every Republican should watch the AOC documentary, ‘Knock Down the House’
If Republicans want to win more elections in 2020, they should watch “Knock Down the House.”
Since Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., won a seat in the House of Representatives last fall, the GOP has criticized her for her radically leftist views, from her Green New Deal to her affiliation with the Democratic Socialists of America. But whatever Republicans or centrists believe about her policies, they can’t deny that her campaign worked. They should take notes. The Right likes to claim that “facts don’t care about your feelings,” as Ben Shapiro puts it, but voters don’t care about facts. They care about stories. And Ocasio-Cortez has a great one.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s hard not to cheer for her while watching Netflix’s “Knock Down the House.” You watch as Ocasio-Cortez goes from scooping out ice at the bar where she works, to canvassing homes in the Bronx, to winning a primary against an incumbent who’s held his seat for 20 years.
She’s “one of the people,” a hard-working, anti-establishment fighter who carved out an image as a champion of the working class. “We need to have the courage to stand up for working people,” she tells a roomful of potential supporters. Ocasio-Cortez argues that she may not yet have incumbent Joe Crowley’s influence, but his complacency isn’t doing anything for his constituents.
As much as Ocasio-Cortez and President Trump are opposites, they both rode a populist wave to victory by promising to stand up for the little guy (and girl, Ocasio-Cortez would add). But Ocasio-Cortez’s win, unlike the presidency that split the GOP, is framed as a success for her entire party.
Read the rest of this OpEd by clicking the link below.
To get more information about this OpEd, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel
- REPORT: Crenshaw breaks with Trump on Navy SEAL case