OpEd: Democrats took black voters for granted, now they’re paying price
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by Liz Peek and published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Democrats are frantic. For decades, they have taken the black vote for granted. Today, there are signs that empty promises and radical leftist social policies are leaving black voters behind. Worse, polling shows that President Trump is picking up support from black voters. Having tarred the president as a racist and bigot, liberals cannot imagine that even one African American could possibly choose to support him. They are in denial, and it could cost them the 2020 election.
Democratic candidates are promising the moon to win over black voters. Reparations, massive support for historically black colleges, bail reform — everything is on the table. But there are signs that the candidate racking up the most consequential wins with minority voters is Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nothing — nothing — could be more threatening to Democratic prospects in 2020.
Peek notes that two recent polls, “one by Emerson College and one from Rasmussen, put black support for Trump at or above 34 percent.”
In her op-ed, Peek also points out that BET founder and billionaire Robert Johnson, a prominent black businessman and faithful Democrat, said in a recent CNBC interview, “I do not see anybody in the Democratic primary race today that is enough in the center where I believe most of the voters are, and particularly where most African Americans are.”
She also notes that a New York Times survey indicates black voter support for Trump is now even greater than it was in 2016, and further writes: “Research cited by the Times shows that over the past few decades, “The African American electorate has been undergoing a quiet, long-term transformation, moving from the left toward the center on several social and cultural issues.””
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: NY Democrat who attended White House ball announces his vote on impeachment
- BREAKING: First-term Democrats push former Republican as impeachment manager
- BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- REPORT: Hallmark Channel reverses decision to pull commercial of same-sex couple after backlash
- UPDATE: China suspends tariffs on US products scheduled to go into effect Sunday
- VIDEO: ‘Too damn late:’ Gowdy blasts Comey admission he was wrong about FISA abuse
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham invites key Trump ally to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump