Op-Ed: Nancy Pelosi trying to have it both ways on Ocasio-Cortez [Video]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by Philip Klein and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is trying to have it both ways when it comes to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and her band of freshman socialists, celebrating or dismissing them, depending on the audience.
In an interview airing on “60 Minutes” Sunday night, Pelosi drew headlines for downplaying the influence of Ocasio-Cortez and her House allies. Asked about how she could hold the House together when the Democratic caucus is split between socialists and centrists, Pelosi said of Ocasio-Cortez’s group, “That’s like five people.”
Can the Speaker of the House unify the Democratic party while getting pushback from the left and self-described democratic socialists like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? https://t.co/f4VUYTYIdw pic.twitter.com/a9wOobPj5g
— 60 Minutes (@60Minutes) April 14, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
Yet at other times, Pelosi has been trying to exploit the enthusiasm of the young group of freshman members, particularly when targeting a younger, more liberal audience. She emerged as a defender of anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar, even before the most recent controversy over Sept. 11. She had to, because she knows the power that the resurgent Left wields within her caucus.
And she also posed on the cover of Rolling Stone with Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, and another freshman liberal Jahana Hayes, D-Conn, and celebrated the cover on Twitter.
— Nancy Pelosi (@TeamPelosi) March 2, 2019
New post: “Nancy Pelosi trying to have it both ways on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez” https://t.co/r4KzbPBAqQ
— Philip Klein (@philipaklein) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DML NEWS:
It’s time to send a powerful message that the socialist proposals being advanced to the public by radical Democrats are NOT in line with American values, NOR is socialism a part of the “American dream.”
A newly-designed bumper sticker “Say No To Socialism” is growing in popularity as a powerful way to fight back against the agenda of socialist Democrats and the mainstream media that supports them. IF WE DON’T SPEAK OUT, WHO WILL? Say NO to AOC! Say NO to socialism!
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR BUMPER STICKER NOW! TEAM DML will send one sticker to your address, PLUS an additional bumper sticker will be sent to the office of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) in Washington, DC – just to make a statement that you’re not buying their socialist agenda!
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence