NEW POLL: Sanders support drastically drops in key demographic
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has seen his support drop sharply among the young voters that have powered his rise in Democratic politics, according to a new poll. The survey from Morning Consult finds that Sanders’s support among people between the ages of 18 and 29 has dropped from 45 percent in March to 33 percent in May.
Sanders’s support with the youngest voters, who propelled his surprising challenge to then-Democratic contender Hillary Clinton in 2016, has steadily declined in the poll since topping out at 46 percent in late February.
The article goes on to state the following:
Overall, former Vice President Joe Biden has opened up a big lead over the Democratic field, coming in at 39 percent support among Democratic primary voters, followed by Sanders at 19 percent and Sens. Elizabeth Warren(Mass.) and Kamala Harris (Calif.) at 8 percent each. South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg is at 6 percent and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke is at 5 percent.
Biden’s support among the youngest voter set has risen from less than 20 points last month to 24 percent in the latest survey. Warren has also seen an uptick among young voters, further contributing to Sanders’s decline. Biden leads in every other age group and his margins grow the older the electorate gets.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records