MURDER MYSTERY: American scientist found dead in WWII bunker a week after she vanished in Greece (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The death of an American scientist last week while she was on a work trip to Greece was “100 percent” murder, a coroner has told CBS News. Suzanne Eaton’s body was found Monday evening on the island of Crete in an old World War II bunker. Local authorities say that there are currently no suspects, but they believe Eaton was strangled shortly after she went missing on July 2.
Eaton was a black belt in taekwondo and the coroner said he thinks more than one person may have been involved in the crime. The World War II bunker where Greek authorities found Eaton’s body is about six miles from where she was last seen.
The article goes on to state the following:
Investigators, volunteers and family members, spent days scouring rugged terrain in extreme heat for any sign of the 59-year-old, who was last seen playing piano at the hotel where she was attending a conference. Her family believes later that day she went for a run later that day, something she did every day. All her belongings, including her passport, wallet and phone, were still in her room, but her running shoes were not.
“She was found on rough and rocky terrain inside the abandoned bunker about 10km (six miles) away from where she was last seen, according to police in the port city of Chania, where the conference was being held,” BBC reports. “According to Cretalive news website, a forensic autopsy found she had been suffocated but there was no other indication of trauma.”
BBC describes the bunker as “a system of manmade caves used by the Nazis during the occupation of Crete in World War Two.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant