JUST IN: Sources reveal disturbing details about guards in Epstein’s prison unit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
A person familiar with the Manhattan jail that housed Jeffrey Epstein says it was so short-staffed on his last night alive that one guard on his unit was working a fifth straight day of overtime.
The person familiar with the Metropolitan Correctional Center’s operations told The Associated Press on Sunday that another guard in Epstein’s unit was working mandatory overtime. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he lacked authorization to discuss jail operations publicly.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Federal Bureau of Prisons has said Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell early Saturday and was declared dead shortly afterward. The agency called it an apparent suicide.
Earlier reports revealed guards failed to make mandatory 30-minute checks on Epstein’s welfare the night of the apparent suicide.
“Epstein should have been checked on by guards in his cell every 30 minutes, but that didn’t happen the night before his apparent suicide, a law enforcement official told the [New York Times],” The Los Angeles Times reported.
BREAKING: Prison guards in Jeffrey Epstein’s unit were working extreme overtime when he was found dead, a person familiar with the jail tells the AP. https://t.co/0Fwj1yBLMb
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]