JUST IN: Senator gives ‘optimistic update’ on coronavirus stimulus deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin are on the cusp of a deal for a massive coronavirus stimulus package after settling disagreements over relief for the airline industry, beefed-up unemployment benefits and money for hospitals.
Democratic senators participated in a briefing call Monday night on the latest developments in the negotiations and a vote is expected as soon as Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer provided an optimistic update on the Senate floor after his fourth meeting of the day with Mnuchin, which ended shortly before 9 p.m.
“Secretary Mnuchin just left my office,” Schumer said. “We have had some very good discussions, and in fact the list of outstanding issues has narrowed significantly.”
“As he left Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office after 40 minutes, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said: ‘We are really cutting down the list of issues, we hope to get this done today,’ ” Manu Raju, a Senior Congressional Correspondent with CNN, reported via Twitter. “Mnuchin and WH aide Eric Ueland then went into Mitch McConnell’s office.”
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on the floor that “the list of outstanding issues has narrowed significantly.. We are going to work well into the night.” Mnuchin just left his office
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 24, 2020
As he left Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office after 40 minutes, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said: “We are really cutting down the list of issues, we hope to get this done today.”
Mnuchin and WH aide Eric Ueland then went into Mitch McConnell’s office
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 23, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event