JUST IN: Schumer proposes new bill of regulations following recent shootings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday he intends to introduce a bill restricting the sale of body armor when the Senate reconvenes in September, according to the New York Post.
The bill would require the FBI to establish standards for who is allowed to buy body armor such as bullet-resistant vests after a series of mass shootings in which the gunmen wore body armor, most recently the suspect in the killing of nine people last weekend in Dayton, Ohio.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer’s proposal would include exceptions for police and other public safety officials, according to the AP.
The ease with which those intent on doing evil are able to get advanced body armor is shocking.
In addition to the House-passed background checks bill, it’s time to require anyone seeking sophisticated body armor to get sign-off from the FBI. https://t.co/uK9edb4T9Y
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) August 11, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’
- VIDEO: Dem candidate takes a jab at Hillary Clinton’s failure in 2016
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral