JUST IN: Former US President broke his hip, underwent surgery
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
ATLANTA (AP) — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter broke his hip Monday at his Georgia home, underwent successful surgery and was recovering comfortably, a spokeswoman for the Carter Center said.
Carter was on his way to go turkey hunting, the spokeswoman, Deanna Congileo, said in a statement. She said that he was treated in Americus, Georgia, near his home in Plains, and that his wife, Rosalynn, was with him.
The article goes on to state the following:
In the statement, Congileo said: “President Carter said his main concern is that turkey season ends this week, and he has not reached his limit. He hopes the State of Georgia will allow him to rollover the unused limit to next year.”
Former President Jimmy Carter suffered a broken hip this morning and is “recovering comfortably” from successful surgery near his hometown of Plains. He said his “main concern is that turkey season ends this week and he has not reached his limit.” #gapol pic.twitter.com/arN58O4Jdm
— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) May 13, 2019
Former president Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery to repair broken hip after fall at his home https://t.co/ggWS5z0cEh
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records