JUST IN: Dow rebounds, on track to set new record
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
Stocks rebounded aggressively from a three-year low on Tuesday as investors hoped U.S. lawmakers were close to an agreement on a stimulus bill to rescue the economy from the damage caused by the coronavirus.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average soared 1,841 points, or more than 10%, and was on pace for its biggest one-day gain since October 2008. The S&P 500 gained 8.4% while the Nasdaq Composite advanced 7.2%. The Dow and S&P 500 closed at their lowest levels since late-2016 on Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Tuesday’s moves followed yet another stormy day on Monday as investors swung back to pessimism and pushed the major indexes to new multiyear lows as a procedural vote in the Senate on a bill failed for the second time in 24 hours.
— Investing.com (@Investingcom) March 24, 2020
Stocks that were hard-hit by coronavirus shutdowns led the gains Tuesday, the report notes, providing the following examples:
- Wynn and MGM Resorts were both up more than 14%.
- Delta Air Lines was up more than 15%.
- General Motors was up nearly 15%.
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) March 24, 2020
— AFP news agency (@AFP) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests