JUST IN: Canada’s Trudeau Wore Brownface in 2001 [PICTURE]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TIME.COM:
Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister, wore brownface makeup to a party at the private school where he was teaching in the spring of 2001. TIME has obtained a photograph of the incident.
The photograph has not been previously reported. The picture was taken at an “Arabian Nights”-themed gala. It shows Trudeau, then the 29-year-old son of the late former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, wearing a turban and robes with his face, neck and hands completely darkened. The photograph appears in the 2000-2001 yearbook of West Point Grey Academy, a private day school where Trudeau was a teacher.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this month, TIME obtained a copy of the yearbook, The View, with the photograph of Trudeau in brownface from Vancouver businessman Michael Adamson, who was part of the West Point Grey Academy community. Adamson was not at the party, which was attended by school faculty, administrators and parents of students. He said that he first saw the photograph in July and felt it should be made public.
“It was a photo taken while he was teaching in Vancouver, at the school’s annual dinner which had a costume theme of ‘Arabian Nights,” admitted Zita Astravas, the media relations lead of Trudeau’s party: the Liberal Party of Canada, according to Time.
Astravas said guests were dressed as characters from Aladdin.
Exclusive: Justin Trudeau wore brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ party while he taught at a private school, Canada’s Liberal Party admits https://t.co/j3UobfYNIF
— TIME (@TIME) September 18, 2019
Time magazine has just dropped a bombshell report on @JustinTrudeau
We are with the campaign now. We are told Trudeau will address this before his plane takes off.
Photo Shows Justin Trudeau in Brownface at ‘Arabian Nights’ Party | Time https://t.co/LzDSPaGEiN
— David Cochrane (@CochraneCBC) September 18, 2019
— CP24 (@CP24) September 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TIME.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TIME.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- REPORT: Virginia Dems explain tweet praising rioters after night of mayhem across America
- REPORT: Trump threatens to deploy military as George Floyd protests continue to shake the U.S.
- VIDEO: 2 officers fired for ‘excessive force’ after woman pulled from car fearing for her life
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting