JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew (N.J.) will switch political parties after voicing opposition to impeachment, sources told The Hill.
Van Drew has begun informing his staff and fellow New Jersey delegation members that he will leave the Democratic Party, Democratic aides said. His decision comes after a lengthy Friday meeting with President Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
Van Drew is one of just two Democratic lawmakers who voted against launching an impeachment inquiry into Trump. He is a member of the centrist Blue Dog caucus.
The Washington Examiner added:
“Several high-level sources with ties to Van Drew” said his chief of staff has notified the lawmaker’s campaign and congressional staffs that he’s switching to the GOP, the New Jersey Globe reported Saturday.
According to The Washington Post, Van Drew said Tuesday that he wasn’t switching parties, but that he would be voting against impeachment.
“I’m not changing anything — just doing my job,” he said. “I’m still a Democrat, right here.”
DMLNewsApp founder Dennis Michael Lynch said he believes the Democrats’ impeachment of President Donald J. Trump will be the best thing to help him in the 2020 election.
NEWS: @CongressmanJVD, a freshman from S Jersey, is in talks with senior Trump officials to change parties, could become a Republican this week
When his colleagues are set to impeach Trump.
Van Drew was losing support at home
— Jonathan Martin (@jmartNYT) December 14, 2019
The Van Drew story seems pretty simple to me: the guy got a poll back saying that voters in his swing district would punish him for voting against impeachment, so he decided to switch parties to keep his job. https://t.co/lkwGKyQ6VF
— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) December 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- SEKULOW: “HERE’S WHAT THE EVIDENCE SAYS” during impeachment trial break
- VIDEO: This kid will make history
- REPORT: Covington Catholic bus involved in fatal crash on return from March for Life rally
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage