EXCLUSIVE: Omar asks for applause after comments about civil liberty, DML responds (VIDEO)
U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) addressed Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) of Greater Los Angeles on March 24th. The Washington Free Beacon highlighted a clip from the speech in a Wednesday tweet (see below).
In the clip, Omar said, “No matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.”
The room failed to react, prompting Omar to look at her audience and suggest, “You can clap for that.” The audience responded with the requested applause.
Omar’s comments may be viewed in the extended video below.
Please clap pic.twitter.com/yLXUDoaC5c
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) April 10, 2019
Close your eyes and you can hear the words of Osama Bin Laden.
— Dennis Michael Lynch (@realDennisLynch) April 10, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence