EXCLUSIVE: Omar asks for applause after comments about civil liberty, DML responds (VIDEO)
U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) addressed Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) of Greater Los Angeles on March 24th. The Washington Free Beacon highlighted a clip from the speech in a Wednesday tweet (see below).
In the clip, Omar said, “No matter how much we have tried to be the best neighbor, people have always worked on finding a way to not allow for every single civil liberty to be extended to us.”
The room failed to react, prompting Omar to look at her audience and suggest, “You can clap for that.” The audience responded with the requested applause.
Omar’s comments may be viewed in the extended video below.
Please clap pic.twitter.com/yLXUDoaC5c
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) April 10, 2019
Close your eyes and you can hear the words of Osama Bin Laden.
— Dennis Michael Lynch (@realDennisLynch) April 10, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’