EXCLUSIVE: Jim Jordan taunts Schiff with new posters during impeachment hearing [PHOTOS]
Republican congressman Jim Jordan continued his tradition of putting large posters on display during the impeachment hearing, as two new witnesses testified before the House Intelligence Committee Tuesday morning.
Jordan taunted House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff by erecting a large poster featuring Schiff’s Twitter post dated September 24, in which he promised the whistleblower would be testifying as early as “next week.”
“We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so. We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week,” Schiff’s tweet reads, now prominently displayed on Jordan’s poster during the hearing.
Schiff has now backed off that promise, vowing that the whistleblower must be “protected,” and has refused to produce the mysterious person to testify.
Another poster Jordan erected in the hearing quotes Democrat congressman Jeff Van Drew, who noted the massive amount of money being spent trying to oust the president. The quote reads, “We’ve spent million of dollars, in my opinion, tons of money, tons of time, tons of hurt, fracturing the nation apart. I haven’t seen this to be a good thing.”
Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the top Ukraine specialist on the National Security Council, and Jennifer Williams, a foreign service aide serving in Vice President Mike Pence’s office, are both testifying Tuesday morning.
See the posters below:
Below is Schiff’s original tweet:
We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so.
We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week.
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) September 24, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event