EXCLUSIVE: Former RNC Chair takes a mean swipe at President Trump
Former RNC Chairman and former Lt. Governor of Maryland Michael Steele fired back at President Trump on Twitter Thursday evening in a major slam.
President Trump had tweeted late Wednesday night, “Years ago, when Media was legitimate, people known as “Fact Checkers” would always call to check and see if a story was accurate. Nowadays they don’t use “Fact Checkers” anymore, they just write whatever they want!”
Trump was blasting the Washington Post over a story they published which claimed that Trump had asked Attorney General William Barr to hold a news conference about his call with the president of Ukraine, and Barr had refused. The president said the story is a complete hoax.
Steele, who is currently a political analyst for MSNBC, responded to Trump’s tweet with a slam.
He wrote, “Years ago, when the dignity and authority of the presidency meant something, people known as “president” would always conduct themselves mindful of the constitution and their duty to the nation. Nowadays the president doesn’t do that anymore, he just does whatever he wants!!”
Years ago, when the dignity and authority of the presidency meant something, people known as “president” would always conduct themselves mindful of the constitution and their duty to the nation. Nowadays the president doesn’t do that anymore, he just does whatever he wants!! https://t.co/SD1OR93Y5d
— Michael Steele (@MichaelSteele) November 8, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- EXCLUSIVE: Jim Jordan taunts Schiff with new posters during impeachment hearing [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends scathing letter to Maxine Waters
- VIDEO: Fox News’ Chris Wallace makes crude comparison to Trump prior to impeachment hearing
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?