DML REPORT: DHS Not Prepared to Secure 2020 Elections
Written by DML
Below is a very important report which I ask you to please share on your social media accounts.
Federal oversight authorities are warning that the Department of Homeland Security is not prepared to ensure the integrity and security of the 2020 presidential election amid mounting concerns that foreign actors such as Russia could again influence the American vote.
While DHS’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has made strides in implementing election security plans in recent years, it “is not well-positioned to execute a nationwide strategy for securing election infrastructure prior to the start of the 2020 election cycle,” according to the Government Accountability Office, which investigates election security.
A new GAO report released Thursday identified several glaring omissions that could compromise the 2020 elections and cast doubt on the integrity of the process. Federal oversight authorities have petitioned the security agency to “urgently finalize [its] strategic plan and the supporting operations plan for securing election infrastructure for the upcoming election.”
I went LIVE this evening on Facebook to explain more about the report. You can watch the video below and then get more information listed is from FreeBeacon.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax