DML Briefing: July 11
Today is July 11, and here are the stories I am watching.
1-Iran plays chicken with Britain ship.
The UK said Thursday that three Iranian vessels unsuccessfully tried to impede the passage of a British commercial vessel through the Strait of Hormuz, signaling a further escalation of tensions over a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers.
DML: The Iranians chickened out after receiving “verbal warnings” from a U.K. navy vessel accompanying the commercial vessel. Sooner or later, the game of chicken ends with a lot of dead chickens.
2-A senior female military officer has accused the Air Force general tapped to be the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of sexual misconduct, potentially jeopardizing his nomination. Members of Congress have raised questions about the allegations and the military investigation that found insufficient evidence to charge him.
DML: According to the AP, Gen. John Hyten subjected her to a series of unwanted sexual advances by kissing, hugging and rubbing up against her in 2017 while she was one of his aides. She said that he tried to derail her military career after she rebuffed him. It’s not for me to mark the guy guilty or innocent, but I am always concerned over how the accusations launch publicly AFTER a spotlight goes on a candidate or potential hire.
3.Dems give illegal alien mother the mic.
A Guatemalan asylum seeker left some members of a U.S. House panel visibly shaken on Wednesday with the story of her daughter’s death, saying the toddler had contracted a deadly lung infection during a 20-day detention near the U.S. border with Mexico.
DML: The mother sorta kinda overlooked the fact that she dragged her kid into this situation, and she put her daughter in a place where people with diseases are everywhere. But in the end it is always easier to blame the Border Patrol, Trump and ICE.
4.The public spat between Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, got a lot nastier on Wednesday, with the freshman congresswoman suggesting that the speaker is “singling out” her and her colleagues based on their race. Pelosi has worked to keep the Democratic caucus in line, specifically four newly-elected outspoken progressives: Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., and Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass.
DML: It has nothing to do with race, these women are just downright radicals and anti-American. There just so happens not to be any white divas in the pile. If there was, they’d be called out too. Even someone as fake as Nancy knows these 4 ladies are a real problem.
5.New tactic to scare away the homeless.
Amid the homelessness crisis in Los Angeles, home and business owners are reportedly planting cacti, thorny rosebushes and other deterrents to keep the homeless from sleeping in front of their property. The homeless population rose from 16 percent from last year, according to The Los Angeles Times.
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly