BREAKING: ‘Yogi Bear Show’ Voice Actress Dies Of COVID-19
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DEADLINE.COM:
Julie Bennett, a longtime voice-over performer and actress perhaps best known for her role as Cindy Bear in the classic Hanna-Barbera Yogi Bear cartoons, died March 31 from COVID-19. She was 88.
Her death was announced by talent agent and friend Mark Scroggs.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bennett, who later became a personal manager under the name Marianne Daniels, began her career in animation voice-overs with roles on the “Fractured Fairy Tales” segments of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show before being cast as Yogi’s girlfriend on The Yogi Bear Show. She reprised the Cindy character for the 1964 feature film Hey There It’s Yogi Bear and subsequent Yogi series.
As of Thursday night, there were 245,066 reported cases of coronavirus in the United States, and 6,075 deaths.
The number of reported cases worldwide just passed 1 million on Thursday, and had risen to 1,015,531 by Thursday night, with a death toll of 53,198.
I’m devastated to hear that Julie Bennett has passed away due to the coronavirus at the age of 88. A pioneering voice actress of the 60s, she did amazing work on Rocky and Bullwinkle and a number of Hanna Barbera shows, including Cindy Bear on Yogi Bear. I’m gonna miss her. pic.twitter.com/HboHSsb2Sl
— Animated Antic (@Animated_Antic) April 2, 2020
Julie Bennett died on March 31 at the age of 88 due to complications of COVID-19. She was the voice of Cindy Bear, Kitty Jo from the Cattanooga Cats, Lois Lane, Boo from The Mighty Orbots, Agatha and Emily (the two-headed vulture from Looney Tunes), Aunt May & others. pic.twitter.com/B24zkvjW9S
— Jeff Harris (@nemalki) April 2, 2020
Voice actress Julie Bennett has died of the COVID-19 coronavirus at the age of 88: https://t.co/bD130qxqP8
— Ryan W. Mead (@rwmead) April 2, 2020
Not too many actresses can have Lois Lane and Aunt May on their resume. Julie Bennett is that actress. pic.twitter.com/26CedX7tr7
— Jeff Harris (@nemalki) April 2, 2020
Today we celebrate the life of Julie Bennett and her legacy lives on in the characters she created. Her honey-voiced Cindy Bear saying “Oh, Yogi” will entertain generations to come. #sagaftramember since 1952.https://t.co/IbytU1IOvu
— SAG-AFTRA (@sagaftra) April 3, 2020
Bennett found her niche as a voice actor, bringing to life the personality of Cindy Bear for over two decades on The Yogi Bear Show. https://t.co/MEkOkmoFTy
— 9Honey Celebrity (@9HoneyCelebrity) April 3, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DEADLINE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DEADLINE.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s executive order to crack down on social media giants? [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy minces no words as he weighs in on George Floyd death
- VIDEO: Dozens arrested at wild NYC protest over death of George Floyd
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Probe: Senior Trump admin official used office for personal gain, investigators say
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’