BREAKING: Winner Named in North Carolina Special Election for Ninth Congressional District
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
[Dan] Bishop, a state senator, defeated Democrat Dan McCready with 50.47 percent of the vote compared to McCready’s 48.9 percent, with 86% of the vote counted, after millions of dollars were spent on this election. This comes after one of the largest pro-Trump super PACs backed Bishop in the special election, spending over $200,000 in independent expenditures on the Bishop campaign.
The North Carolina Republican also had both President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence visit the district to campaign on behalf of Bishop. Trump sent out multiple tweets endorsing Bishop on election day, telling voters in the district to get out and vote.
The article goes on to state the following:
McCready came under fire after he accused Bishop of having no faith in public schools, however, the North Carolina Democrat sends his children to an $18,000 a year private school.
Republican Greg Murphy, a state representative, won the other special election race Tuesday, for North Carolina’s third District. His win was projected.
President Donald J. Trump tweeted, “Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and to talent out. Stay tuned!”
Meanwhile, Decision Desk HQ tweeted, “We have seen enough. We are calling the #NC09 special election for the Republican, Dan Bishop.”
Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago. He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN & @MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and to talent out. Stay tuned!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019
Projection: Dan Bishop (R) defeats Dan McCready (D) in #NC09. GOP hold.
— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) September 11, 2019
— Decision Desk HQ (@DecisionDeskHQ) September 11, 2019
🚨 BREAKING: @DecisionDeskHQ has called the special election in North Carolina’s 9th Congression District for Republican Dan Bishop.
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Dan Bishop narrowly wins North Carolina’s 9th Congressional Districthttps://t.co/0vedbvDSZn
— POLITICO (@politico) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show