BREAKING: WATCH: Trump Makes Announcement On Census Citizenship Question
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NPR.ORG:
President Trump is giving remarks about his administration’s attempts to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census. He is expected to announce an executive action on the matter.
Trump’s remarks come after the Supreme Court blocked, for now, the addition of the question “Is this person a citizen of the United States?” on the annual headcount. Critics fear the question could lead to undercounts of immigrant groups and communities of color.
The article goes on to state the following:
Despite the justices’ rejection, Trump has vowed to continue pushing for the change and possibly delay the census — even as printing of the paper forms has begun.
According to NPR, Attorney General William Barr will attend the event.
To get more information about this article, please visit NPR.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NPR.ORG
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant