BREAKING: Virginia Dems call on Fairfax to resign following sexual assault allegations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Virginia Democratic Party on Friday called on Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) to resign after two women came forward this week to accuse him of sexual assault.
“Due to the serious nature of these allegations, we believe Lieutenant Governor Fairfax can no longer fulfill his duties to the Commonwealth,” state Democrats wrote in a statement late Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He needs to address this as a private citizen. The time has come for him to step down,” they added.
Democrats call on Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax to resign after second woman accuses him of sexual assault https://t.co/FEyefR0IMg
— Beau Berman (@BeauWTAE) February 9, 2019
Democrats in Virginia’s state House and Senate call for the resignation of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who faces sexual assault allegations from two women. https://t.co/Bs8W0heOrZ
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart