BREAKING: Verdict reached on Chinese woman on trial for trespassing at Mar-a-Lago
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida — The Chinese woman accused of trespassing at President Trump’s Florida resort and lying to federal agents about why she was there was convicted on both counts Wednesday in a case that could eventually have national security implications.
Federal prosecutors argued Yujing Zhang, 33, was a calculated liar, who proceeded with her plan to access Mar-a-Lago, despite being told an event she planned to attend had been canceled and that she could not go to the property without prior permission. They filed classified information under seal in the case at least twice and said Monday evening they would do so a third time, indicating a national security investigation into Zhang.
The article goes on to state the following:
“She was not a wandering tourist that fell into this place by mistake,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said.
NEW: The Chinese woman who allegedly breached security at Mar-a-Lago has been found guilty on counts of unlawfully entering a restricted building and making false statements to a federal officer.
Yujing Zhang faces up to six years in prison for her offenses.
— Josh Campbell (@joshscampbell) September 11, 2019
— Steve Herman (@W7VOA) September 11, 2019
Federal jury in Ft. Lauderdale finds Chinese national Yujing Zhang guilty of lying to agents and trespassing on restricted property, the winter White House, Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach. Zhang shows no emotion, faces up to 6 yrs at Nov. 22 sentencing. @CBS12 pic.twitter.com/wj6GJYZHnb
— Chuck Weber (@ChuckWeber12) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Chinese woman found guilty of trespassing at Mar-a-Lago, lying to federal agents https://t.co/UVhKGcE3Ij
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Trump Delivers Remarks to Rural Stakeholders on California Water Accessibility
- VIDEO: Jenna Bush Hager Reveals Chat She Had With Dad About Alcohol That Changed How She Views Drinking
- REPORT: Impeachment jackpot: Senate GOP announces record-breaking fundraising for January
- WATCH LIVE: Trump speaks at campaign rally in Colorado Springs, massive crowd waits over 24 hours
- REPORT: Former Obama AG Eric Holder tells conservative journalist to ‘shut the hell up,’ gets pounded in return
- BREAKING: U.S. slaps sanctions on five Iranian officials over elections
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trump goes after Klobuchar during campaign rally, she responds
- VIDEO: Rep. Nunes rips Mitt Romney, compares him to James Comey
- VIDEO: Two 2020 Dem presidential candidates couldn’t name Mexican president in interview