BREAKING: University president and his and wife test positive for coronavirus, announce symptoms
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President of Harvard University Larry Bacow and his wife Adele have tested positive for coronavirus, he confirmed in a letter to the university community Tuesday.
Bacow said their symptoms began on Sunday with coughs and then fevers, chills and muscle aches. The couple contacted doctors and took a coronavirus test on Monday, receiving the results Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Neither of us knows how we contracted the virus, but the good news — if there is any to be had — is that far fewer people crossed our paths recently than is usually the case,” he said in the letter.
Bacow added, “We began working from home and completely limiting our contact with others on March 14 in keeping with recommendations to adopt social distancing measures. In line with standard protocols, the Department of Public Health will be in touch with anyone with whom we have had close contact over the past fourteen days.”
President Larry Bacow and his wife Adele have tested positive for COVID-19 and are being treated at home https://t.co/xbHgJBnN3i
— Harvard University (@Harvard) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]