BREAKING: United States reaches deal with Canada and Mexico over tariffs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has reached an agreement with Canada and Mexico to lift tariffs on metal imports, resolving a yearlong standoff that inflamed North Atlantic tensions and complicated efforts to ratify a revised trade deal.
“I’m pleased to announce we’ve just reached agreement with Canada and Mexico. We’ll be selling our product into those countries without the imposition of tariffs,” President Trump said on Friday.
He said that while the United States has a “great relationship” with Canada “they’ve been charging us extremely high tariffs.”
The article goes on to state the following:
In a statement Friday afternoon, the Canadian government said that the two countries had reached an agreement for American tariffs to be lifted on Canadian steel and aluminum imports. The retaliatory tariffs Canada had placed on American products would be lifted by Sunday, at the latest.
Instead of tariffs, the nations would set up a system for monitoring and enforcement in case of import surges.
The Trump administration has reached agreements with Canada and Mexico to lift import tariffs on metals, resolving a yearlong standoff https://t.co/vhcTaflNZ7
— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Trump brings out the chopping block with executive order on ‘advisory boards’
- VIDEO: Meghan Markle appears to be corrected by Prince Harry in viral Trooping the Colour video
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- BREAKING: Judge makes decision on lawsuit from ex-Trump campaign staffer with kissing allegation
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Boy who was slashed in the throat by mom dies while standing in lunch line at school