BREAKING: Trump sending troops to Middle East in response to attack on Saudi Arabia [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
WASHINGTON – Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said Friday the U.S. will send troops to the Middle East in response to an attack last weekend on Saudi Arabian oil facilities, but officials offered few specifics about the scope of that response.
Blaming Iran for a “significant escalation of violence,” Esper said nations in the region requested U.S. assistance. Esper described the mission as “defensive” and officials said it would be a “moderate” deployment and “not thousands” of troops.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The president has approved the deployment of U.S. forces, which will be defensive in nature and primarily focused on air and missile defense,” Esper told reporters. “The United States does not seek conflict with Iran.”
SecDef Esper and Chairman Dunford just came to the Pentagon briefing room to announce the deployment of troops to the Middle East. How many? “Not thousands.” They’re going to consult with CENTCOM and get back to everybody with details.
— Ali Rogin (@AliRogin) September 20, 2019
WATCH Esper’s announcement below:
JUST IN: Pentagon to will deploy additional troops and military equipment to Saudi Arabia: “In response to the Kingdom’s request, the president has approved the deployment of U.S. forces, which will be defensive in nature and primarily focused on air and missile defense.” pic.twitter.com/qORbgWHoeP
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) September 20, 2019
Pentagon: More US troops deploying to the Middle East to deter Iran, but ‘not thousands’ more. Additional forces will be ‘defensive in nature’
— Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) September 20, 2019
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said the U.S. will send troops to the Middle East in response to an attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities. https://t.co/1GmCtgutHm
— USA TODAY Politics (@usatodayDC) September 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots