BREAKING: Trump reveals whether he would block Bolton from testifying in Senate trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by LA Times:
President Trump said Friday he would invoke executive privilege to try to block his former national security advisor from testifying in a Senate impeachment trial as Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the House will be prepared to move articles of impeachment to the Senate next week.
Trump’s statement, in an interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham, marked the first time he openly said he would try to block John Bolton from testifying if the Senate were to subpoena his former advisor.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think you have to, for the sake of the office,” he said when Ingraham asked if he would try to prevent such testimony.
It is not clear whether the Senate will accept an executive privilege claim in an impeachment trial.
Trump will try to block Bolton impeachment testimony; Senate to get case next week, Pelosi says https://t.co/RY1quEKYBq
— Rikki Klieman (@rikkijklieman) January 10, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit LA Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting LA Times
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Coronavirus takes life of Wall Street CFO
- VIDEO: Gov. Cuomo gives passionate response to Trump’s remarks on speculation of presidential race
- VIDEO: NBC’s Chuck Todd under fire over question to Biden about Trump
- VIDEO: Epidemiologist evaluates if coronavirus can be contracted more than once
- VIDEO: Trump calls Pelosi a ‘sick puppy” over coronavirus criticism
- REPORT: Death toll in Spain rises by record number in one day
- VIDEO: White House coronavirus coordinator sends strong message to all governors and mayors
- REPORT: Kennedy Center makes shocking announcement hours after $25 million bailout is signed
- REPORT: State Department: U.S. ‘leading the world’ in coronavirus fight while China takes credit
- REPORT: Biden vs Trump: Fox News releases recent poll results