BREAKING: Trump officially nominates new U.S. energy secretary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Department of Energy said on Thursday that President Donald Trump had formally nominated Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, a former vice president of Ford Motor Co and Louisiana state energy regulator, to head the department.
If confirmed by the Senate, Brouillette will replace Rick Perry, who said last month he would step down by the end of the year. He is expected to keep advancing Trump’s policy of maximizing oil, gas and coal output while slashing regulations on energy facilities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If confirmed, I will further Secretary Perry’s legacy of promoting energy independence, innovation, and security for the American people,” Brouillette said in a statement.
Pres Trump today formally submitted to the Senate his nomination of Dan Brouillette to be Secretary of Energy, succeeding Rick Perry. Brouilette currently serves as Deputy Secretary.
— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) November 7, 2019
— lesley clark (@lesleyclark) November 7, 2019
Donald Trump has formally nominated Dan Brouillette to be Secretary of Energy.
— Ari Natter (@AriNatter) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: U.S. judge issues ruling on Trump lawsuit to block House from getting his state tax returns
- VIDEO: Donald Trump Jr walks off stage at book launch after heckling – from supporters
- UPDATE: People raise thousands for man who allegedly stabbed ‘Trump Baby’ balloon in Alabama
- VIDEO: Fox contributor names alleged whistleblower on-air despite network ban
- REPORT: NFL Quarterback sidelined with broken bones in back, report says
- REPORT: Mark Ingram after Alabama’s loss to LSU: ‘I’m blaming Trump for this one’
- EXCLUSIVE: Veteran rips into NYC anti-Trump protesters in fiery confrontation [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Longtime Republican congressman announces he will not seek re-election in 2020
- VIDEO: Video shows teacher caught on video brutally beating special needs student
- VIDEO: Trump NYC Veterans Day speech met with protests