BREAKING: Trump Jr. reaches deal to testify with Senate Intelligence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Donald Trump Jr. has struck a last minute deal to comply with a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee.
The two sides have been at odds over the length and scope of the interview, raising questions about whether Trump Jr. would defy the subpoena and be held in contempt of Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the terms of the deal, Trump Jr. will sit for an interview some time in mid-June for between two and four hours, with the scope limited to five or six topics pertaining to his communications with Russian officials.
This will be the last time Trump Jr. has to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, according to the terms of the deal.
The agreement ends a standoff between Trump Jr. and Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), which had split Republicans in the Senate.
Per terms of deal with Senate Intel, Don Jr. will sit for interview in mid-June lasting 2-4 hours, with the scope limited to 5-6 topics pertaining to communications with Russian officials. Will be last time panel can call him to testify (via @JonEasley)https://t.co/f03dWt4Qw7
— Jordan Fabian (@Jordanfabian) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records