BREAKING: Trump backtracks on China tariffs, Fox News anchor slams move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
The United States Trade Representative office said Tuesday certain items were being removed from the new China tariff list because of “health, safety, national security and other factors” while tariffs on other items would be delayed until December 15.
The products in the group that will have tariffs delayed include “cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors, and certain items of footwear and clothing,” the USTR said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Apple shares traded higher on the news. Best Buy, Nike, Kohl’s and other retailers were also trading higher.
Last month, President Donald Trump announced a new round of tariffs of 10% on $300 billion of Chinese imports that eluded duties in the earlier round in May. The USTR published a list of products in May that may be subject to an addition 10% tariff and that list is now being edited to avoid health and security factors.
Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham responded to the news, tweeting, “Trump caved. China will be emboldened—during Hong Kong crackdown no less: “US removes some items from China tariff list, delaying tariffs for others.”
Trump caved. China will be emboldened—during Hong Kong crackdown no less: “US removes some items from China tariff list, delaying tariffs for others” https://t.co/ACpPWpQg8t
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) August 13, 2019
— USTR (@USTradeRep) August 13, 2019
BREAKING: US Trade Rep. announces that some of the 10% tariffs will be delayed until December 15.
— Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) August 13, 2019
BREAKING: Stocks jump to session highs, Apple surges more than 4.5% after USTR removes items from China tariff list, delays some others including those on cell phones and laptops https://t.co/4gGcxyFOnV pic.twitter.com/AMmid6LZJY
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings